Sunday, October 11, 2015

Where the Wild Things Are (OctPoWriMo Day 10)

Listen to music, dance, and get in touch with your wild side. That was today's prompt. There are always those songs that make me want to dance, no matter where I am when I hear them. This song by Kongo is such a song. It makes me think of other worlds, other places--of wild things.


Where the Wild Things Are

in my head
there is a house
full of rooms
full of things--
strange and wonderful and
wild
things.

in this house,
during the day, most
rooms are locked
silent
though sometimes things
escape--
wild things.

then from my window
where nameless people pass
I imagine lives
they live, worlds
they visit and
I hitch a ride--
wild places.

in these imaginings I
machete forests
and drink grog
and fight dragons
to save
children--
a hero.

Then my own children
call me back
to reality,
"Mom, where's my school lunch?"
And the wild things
retreat to
my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment